Tuesday, October 19, 2010

CNBLUE member Kang Minhyuk to make small screen debut



Korean rock band CNBLUE member Minhyuk will be making his debut on the small screen through a role in an upcoming SBS drama.

A press release from the show's promoter J Story announced that Minhyuk will play the role of Hwang Yeon-doo for the new Monday and Tuesday series, whose title is translated into "Dad, Your Daughter is Okay."

"Dad" is about Eun Chae-ryong (played by Moon Chae-won) who makes sacrifices to help her family after her father's accident. Minhyuk's character is a drummer of an unknown band feeling one-sided love for Chae-ryong.

"I am excited to be making my small screen debut. I will try to do my best in putting on good acting skills and even though I may lack in some areas, I hope the audience will watch my acting with an open mind," Minhyuk was quoted saying.

"Dad, Your Daughter is Okay" will premiere on November 22 after current series "Doctor Champ" ends its run.

Minhyuk made his debut as the drummer of the four-member rock band CNBLUE, releasing two singles in Japan before their debut in Korea early this year.

He recently attended the Pusan International Film Festival with bandmate Jonghyun to promote their film "Acoustic."

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

No comments: